--- Original message ---
Subject: [Samba] Preventing Windows from changing file permissions
From: av78us vaal <av7...@yahoo.com>
To: <samba@lists.samba.org>
Date: Saturday, 15/05/2010  4:28 AM

Hi,
Is there a way to configure samba such that Windows applications are not allowed to change file permissions for existing files in the share. I just want to be able to read and modify the files from Windows without affecting the file permissions inadvertently.
What changes are you seeing specifically, what app is doing it etc. Would help...

I do not care about any Windows side file attributes such as ACL.
I tried several things including parameters such as 'map archive = no', 'security mask = xxx' etc. Nothing seem to result in what exactly I want. This is surprising considering that my requirement is very simple.
Is this possible in samba.
thanks,Aneesh