I think I missed part of the conversation, but what would be the purpose of this feature? (I am not even sure why Windows does this.)

On 07/02/2010 02:15 PM, Robert LeBlanc wrote:
On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 2:05 AM, Atkinson, Robert<ratkin...@tbs-ltd.co.uk>wrote:

Interesting to see you say it's dangerous. The way the Windows version
works
is that you have to be part of the Administrator group to be able to see
them, which I would have thought secure enough?

This is not true, the share is advertised to anyone who asks. The Windows
client only hides shares that end with a '$'. By default Windows gives
access only to administrators (by default), but they are by no means hidden.

Robert LeBlanc
Life Sciences&  Undergraduate Education Computer Support
Brigham Young University