On 10/12/2010 01:05 PM, Douglas Phillipson wrote:
To create a "Trust" between Samba and a W2003 AD Domain, does the Samba machine have to be a domain member also?

Doug P

I'm not clear on something. My goal is to have our AD users access a samba share without having to enter a second set of credentials. So this is where the trust comes in. Our Samba machine is a PDC of a different domain that our Win2003 PDC.

I'm told the samba machine has to be a member server in the W2003 domain for the trust to work. I thought trusts were between PDC's. Can my samba machine be a PDC and a member server of a W2003 domain?

Confused...

Doug P