On 10/22/2010 04:03 PM, Lukasz Zalewski wrote:
On 22/10/2010 20:38, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
On 10/22/2010 03:22 PM, Chris Smith wrote:
On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Robert Moskowitz<r...@htt-consult.com>
wrote:
This is an OEM installed XP from a resaler. I would NOT be supprised
that
there are some serious limitations on the XP installed.
No functional limitations on OEM versions, except that some were tied
to specific manufacturers (they wouldn't install if the BIOS string
did not identify the device as that manufacturers).

The license is an OEM license (per system properties) registered to the
E-Waste Recycler I bought it from. It is an IBM SFF.

But why no policies for allowing printing when attacked to a domain? Why
not connect when domain logged in.
Robert,
Are you using AD for group policy, samba (system policy) or local group policy. I have noticed, that on my XP client machines not all of the policies are present until you add appropriate templates (don't know if its SP3 "feature"). If you right-click on Administrative templates, there will be an option to Add/Remove templates. The required policy is part of system.adm

I don't know what policy I am using. I suppose whatever is installed on the system?

Oh, NOW I see what I was doing wrong. Now I have added system.adm policy and I see printers. Here goes!

I tried connecting to the server printer share from a local login, and
that got past the policy block and was asking for the printer driver. So
it is REALLY something tied into how a domain user acts on this system.