On 10/26/2010 06:39 AM, Lukasz Zalewski wrote:
On 25/10/2010 19:52, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
It looks like a domain user has NO printing permission.

Do I need Policy Editor for this? Where do I get it to run on an XP Pro
system?

I have seen various notes about this, but I can't make head or tails of
them.

Robert,
Have a look at http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Implementing_System_Policies_with_Samba This explains deployment of system policy through samba 3.X. It also outlines the difference between system policy and group policy You can still use Local Group Policy (through gpedit.msc), but as the name suggests its local to every machine, and not deployable from the Domain Controller.

What good is it to know how to implement a policy for all computers on the domain if you don't know what policy is giving you the problem?

How do I troubleshoot this blockage. All I get is the print failure when using a domain user.

If you using samba4 have a look at http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO#Step_1:_Installing_Windows_Remote_Administration_Tools_onto_Windows These tools include Group Policy Management console that works very well with samba4

HTH

Luk