Hello,

Today I came across with the problem with booting my Gentoo system.
Yesterday I installed samba and when I turned on my notebook today it stops
booting at starting up the samba daemon. It goes until:

* samba -> start: smbd ...

I had some difficulties a few years back with Samba/LDAP nssldap, pam_ldap and pam. The system would hang for some 10 minutes at startup. The problem was that nssldap defaults to bind_policy hard, and as nssldap fired before the ldap server started (from the nssldap conf file):
# Reconnect policy: hard (default) will retry connecting to
# the software with exponential backoff, soft will fail
# immediately.

changing the value to
bind_policy soft

rectified the situation.

... and then freezes ... Maybe the problem is somehow related to my Wi-Fi connection on notebook and Samba is looking for Internet connection and waiting for it to be established? Maybe you can give any advice on how to
boot to my system without loading samba and uninstalling it?

Do an interactive boot. Press I when it asks you to do in the boot
process. Then do not start the samba daemon.

John