On 02/14/2011 12:44 AM, t...@tms3.com wrote:

--- Original message ---
*Subject:* Re: [Samba] Lost my Samba PDC, trying to rebuild
*From:* Robert Moskowitz <r...@htt-consult.com>
*To:* <t...@tms3.com>
*Cc:* <samba@lists.samba.org>
*Date:* Sunday, 13/02/2011 9:39 PM

On 02/13/2011 11:42 PM, t...@tms3.com <mailto:t...@tms3.com> wrote:

        The problem comes with users. The users were user.HOME in
        'Documents
        and Settings'. But so far on the one computer I have tried
        with the one
        user I have on that computer, it is creating a new profile for
        user.HDA. What controls the profile directory on the computer
        (btw, the
        OS is XP)? What do I need to do for it to use the profile of
        user.HOME?

    Disconnect the workstations from the network. Log in with the old
    domain user account. Run the file and programs transfer wizard
    (Start-All-Programs- Accessories...IIRC) and save the profile
    transfer locally. Log in with new domain user and import the
    saved profile.

I disconnected the ethernet. I am logging in as the user for domain HOME. I get the error:
Hmmm...you need to do a reboot without network connectivity on the Windows box. The passwords are cached locally.

I used this to set up another computer properly. Now to go back to the problem child again...

"The system cannot log you on now because the domain HOME is not available."

Before all this, if I did not have network connectivity, I could still log in locally. Hmmm, let's try disconnecting the server instead... No dice as the server is also the DHCP server.

Next let's stop smb and nmb on the server, but leave it connected.... Just took longer, but still no login.

So now why is it requiring the domain to be present to log in. No local log in?

So I restarted the services and got logged in.

If I log in locally as administrator, is there anyway to copy another user's files and settings?

-- To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and
        read the