if u are looking into your linux box u find a document named
Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf
in my distribution it's under /usr/share/doc/packages/samba
and in thwe source package from samba its under ./docs

there u find all answers to your questions...

senthil@jadooworks schrieb:
Hi All,
Sorry for asking the most repeated question again. Just because I could not get a proper guide for doing this. Can anyone please tell me how to make a linux system running samba server and client to connect ( log on to ) to a windows2000 based domain and act as a part of it ? Any useful link also would do.
thanks in advance :-)
senthil

--
mit freundlichen grüssen
www.kwnet.at, one step behind future...

Ing. Kurt Weiß
Softwareentwicklung,  EDV Beratung und - Betreuung
A-6425 Haiming, Gartenweg 3
Tel.: +43 699 1 272 9926 / Fax: +43 699 4 272 9926
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web:
http://www.kwnet.at     http://www.oberlandinfo.at
Die Krise ist ein produktiver Zustand.