Greetings ...

Been away a little so, please forgive me if this has been discussed ... I did search the archives and googled the net and this is what I came up with ...

Standard Samba 2.2.7 does not rebind to do updates. This is a problem when using LDAP and a replicated directory.

I found http://www.unav.es/cti/ldap-smb/ldap-smb-2_2-howto.html, which has a patch to add rebind. Which I am going to try, because I need it and it looks right, not that I am a programmer or anything like that.

I was wondering when, or if this would be added to 2.2. I know that we don't wish to add anything to 2.2, unless it is a bug fix or sercurity problem, but this could be a problem before 3.0 gets released as production.

Thanks.
Mailed
Lee