Does the file system your working with support ACL? IS it set to use acls in the /etc/fstab?

On 04/29/2011 06:24 AM, Arnaud Lesauvage wrote:
Hi list !

I have found someone having a similar problem back in 2007
(http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2007-April/131574.html), but as I
understand it, this problem is fixed for a long time now.

So basically, I am trying to give "Authenticated Users" some permissions
on a folder in a samba share, but when I wheck back either with my
windows GUI or via getfacl, the permission has just been dismissed and
nothing ahas changed.

The serveur is running samba version 3.2.7 on OpenSuse 11.

Here is the result of testparm :
[global]
workgroup = dom
realm = dom.ext
server string = Samba Server
security = ADS
password server = pdc1.dom.ext pdc2.dom.ext
idmap uid = 1200-20000
idmap gid = 1200-20000
winbind separator = +
winbind enum users = Yes
winbind enum groups = Yes
winbind use default domain = Yes
winbind expand groups = 3

And for the share where the folder is stored :
[data]
comment = data
path = /srv/samba/data
valid users = "@LOCAL+Domain Users"
admin users = "@LOCAL+Domain Admins"
read only = no
browseable = no
map acl inherit = yes
inherit acls = yes
create mask = 0600
directory mask = 0700
store dos attributes = yes
csc policy = disable

What should I change to be able to attribute permissions to the
"Authenticated Users" group ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Arnaud