On Fri, 2003-01-03 at 23:46, Roberto Lourenço wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> how can i configure my users account (samba users) to have their passwords
> exipired and then they must to change it on their first login???
>
> thanks...

With one of the 'rich' password backends (LDAP or TDB) you need to set
the 'must change time' to 0.  However, this only really works with Samba
3.0, as it actually enforces the password expiry.  Or you could try
keeping your unix passwords in sync, and making PAM do the dirty work
(obey pam restrictions = yes).

Hope this gives you a starter.  Also, read the list archives, as I have
given this advise a few times, and may well have gone into much more
detail in the past.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  [EMAIL PROTECTED]