Just cuirous are you using pam or ldap backend?

On 10/12/2011 09:22 AM, Marco Ciampa wrote:
On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 12:15:16PM +0800, Jeffrey Chan wrote:
Hi all,

I've posted this a month ago but haven't gotten a reply. Can anyone please
help?

- Jeff

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Jeffrey Chan<goofri...@gmail.com>  wrote:

Hi all,

Since a few months ago Samba ask each of our users to change password at
log on every month and I have not been able to disable it.

I found this page and follow the instructions:

http://playingwithsid.blogspot.com/2010/12/change-samba-password-expiry-setting.html

The default ‘Password Must Change’ policy was set to never and pdbedit
shows ‘Password Must Change: never’ for each user, yet the passwords still
get expire once a month.

Can anyone please give me some pointers?

- Jeff

Just a hint (maybe wrong...)

obey pam restrictions = No