Yes, definitely

On 11/8/2011 10:55 AM, Eddy Sturg wrote:
Does nsswitch.conf have winbind listed?

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 11:09 AM, James Chase <ja...@chasecomputers.net <mailto:ja...@chasecomputers.net>> wrote:

    I tried a second install of CentOS with X, thinking perhaps the
    GUI setup might do something that I was missing in terms of
    getting samba connected to active directory. However I still can't
    get this to work (now wbinfo doesn't seem to work either) in
    CentOS. I also tried Fedora 14.

    Then I tried a Ubuntu 11 install and followed their instructions
    from the wiki:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ActiveDirectoryWinbindHowto

    And it worked! I tried to apply the same settings to CentOS setup
    but I still get no output from 'getent passwd'.

    Ubuntu is running version 3.5.11 while CentoS is 3.5.4. Think my
    best bet is building from source and trying 3.5.11 or 3.5.12 on
    CentOS? Are there any critical flags that need to be set during
    the configuration to make sure samba will work with active
    directory/winbind?

    James

        I'm trying to get my CentOS 5.6 machine setup as a Active
        Directory Domain Member with Windows 2008 level domain and
        samba 3.5. I haven't tried this before.

        I can successfully join the domain and return users using
        'wbinfo -u' and groups with 'wbinfo -g' but when I try 'getent
        passwd' I only get the local users. I'm not sure what element
        that indicates is failing in the process. I'm not confident in
        my pam.d/ setup since different guides show different methods
        of setting this up. The /etc/nsswitch.conf file has been
        edited to include winbind as a source for passwd/shadow/group.

        The only insightful error message I see in the samba logs is
        this (repeated over and over in all the logs) but I haven't
        found the solution. Is this the cause of my problems? How do I
        disable spinlocks? I'm using a prebuilt package from sernet

        [2011/11/01 16:46:19.979981,  1] lib/util_tdb.c:385(tdb_log)
         tdb(unnamed): tdb_open_ex: spinlocks no longer supported

        Here is my samba configuration dumped from smbtest:

        [root@sambatest ~]# testparm
        rlimit_max: rlimit_max (1024) below minimum Windows limit (16384)
        Processing section "[test]"
        Loaded services file OK.
        Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER

               workgroup = SHAMOFFICE
               realm = SHAMBHALA-OFFICE.LOCAL
               interfaces = 127.0.0.1, eth0
               bind interfaces only = Yes
               security = ADS
               printcap name = cups
               idmap backend = ad
               idmap uid = 10000-20000
               idmap gid = 30000-40000
               winbind enum users = Yes
               winbind enum groups = Yes
               winbind use default domain = Yes
               idmap config SHAMOFFICE : schema_mode = rfc2307
               idmap config SHAMOFFICE : range = 4000-5000
               idmap config SHAMOFFICE : backend = ad
               idmap config * : range = 2000-3000
               idmap config * : backend = tdb

        [test]
               comment = Directory for storing pictures by jims users
               path = /local/test
               read only = No
               guest ok = Yes

-- To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the