On Jan 5, 2012, at 2:00 PM, CJ Keist wrote:

> I have strange problem.  Installed 3.6.1 on SL Linux (Scientific Linux
> release 6.1 (Carbon)).
>
> Compiled:
> ./configure --prefix=/WWW/apps/samba-3.6.1 --with-quotas --disable-shared-libs
>
> make and make install all clean.
>
> Joined to our windows domain via command:
> ./net join -S domainserver -w DOMAIN -U adminuser
>
> Start up Samba via web gui and all is working for about 40 minutes to an
> hour. At which point it stops allowing connections.  Only fix is to stop
> Samba and rerun the net join command and then restart Samba which it will
> work for about 40 minutes and then stop again.
>
> Anyone seen this before?
>
> Conf:
> [global]
>       workgroup = DOMAIN
>       server string = Web Server
>       security = DOMAIN
>       passdb backend = smbpasswd
>       map untrusted to domain = Yes
>       log level = 1
>       log file = /var/log/samba/logs/log.%m
>       name resolve order = host bcast
>       unix extensions = No
>       keepalive = 0
>       max open files = 10000
>       socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_KEEPALIVE
>       load printers = No
>       dns proxy = No
>       lock spin time = 3
>       remote announce = xxx.xx.xxx.xx
>       idmap config * : range =
>       idmap config * : backend = tdb
>       strict locking = No
>
> [WWW]
>       comment = Web Pages
>       path = /WWW/docs
>       read only = No
>       create mask = 0774
>       directory mask = 0775
>       inherit permissions = Yes
>

> --
> C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.ke...@colostate.edu
> Systems Group Manager           Solaris 10 OS (SAI)
> Engineering Network Services    Phone: 970-491-0630
> College of Engineering, CSU     Fax:   970-491-5569
> Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

We've seen this recently as well, Samba 3.5.0 on Ubuntu (9.04 or 9.10), against
a pair of 2008r2 AD servers. (Security = ADS)

Fortunately, we're usually good for a week or so.

This is a recent event on a box that had been running great for over a year.

Sorry, I don't know a fix yet.
--
Don Krause
Head Systems Geek,