On 28/02/12 11:14, Kai Blin wrote:
On 2012-02-26 18:15, steve wrote:
Hi Steve,

Sorry. Just one more thing. Could you point me at the code which
finds the next free xid when e.g. you create a new user?

That's not how samba4 id mapping works at the moment I'm afraid. It
will ignore the Posix attributes that might exist in the AD. It's
non-trivial to manage the mappings across servers.

Cheers,
Kai

Hi Kai

It seems to be working for us at least. We've added the posix attrs and classes as defined in the ms schema to our s4 domain users and groups:
http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com/2012/02/samba-4-posix-domain-user.html
The mapping works fine over nfs4 for our Linux clients:-)

I was just wandering how s4 decides what the next xid will be before it writes a sid and xid entry to idmap.ldb. This was mainly to ease the readability of our posix scripts and tidy up idmap.ldb when e.g. a user is deleted.

Do you know where I could find that bit in the source?
Cheers,
Steve