On 11/04/12 15:00, John Drescher wrote:
I also only use ldap the same way without any winbind.

For years I used to do that however my domain member servers (not PDCs
/ BDCs) would not enumerate the users correctly for the windows
security tab without using winbind. Does this work for you?

John

Yes. Even in s3 (we are using 3.6 setup under openSUSE)

In Samba4 there was a bug in the schema mapping for rfc2307. Now it's fixed,

Why not store the user uid/gid in the directory alongside their sid stuff? The m$ schema has it bolted in.

Cheers,
Steve