On 04/05/12 11:09, Ludek Finstrle wrote:
Hi

Fri, May 04, 2012 at 10:23:37AM +0200, Niels Dettenbach napsal(a):
Am Freitag, 4. Mai 2012, 10:12:33 schrieb steve:
On 04/05/12 09:45, Ludek Finstrle wrote:
I think I'd need two smb.conf files. One for the s4 containing netlogon
and sysvol and another for s3 to hold the shares. Can I do that on one box?

I can't see any point why it should not be possible, but im not shure if all
compiled in pathes could be changed during command line options or
configuration in your application cases. From my first view it seems you could
start different samba instances with different configuration files and working
directories etc. by passing command line options - i.e.:

Maybe you can also use -s for S3 or S4 (or both) and you don't need to
recompile.
I use Franky so I'm not sure if config is enough in separate S3 and S4.

E.g for S3: smbd -D -s /etc/samba3/smb.conf

Best regards,

Luf
Hi
I'm getting there:-)

One other thing:
With winbind, do I have to have my home directories where winbind tells me? ie whatever wbinfo -i user gives?
Thanks for your patience,
Cheers,
Steve