Perhaps I'm trying to do something that is not allowed, but I have found no such restriction in the documentation.

To limit the contact of my Linux boxes with the "products of Bill & Co.", I have mounted a Windows share on my Linux server. When I try to export that same share from the Linux server (as a plain old NFS volume), it mounts without error, but the mountpoint appears empty. The configuration looks something like:

Directory on ----> Mountpoint on -----> Mountpoint on
Windows Server Linux Server Linux Client
(works fine) (appears empty)

Am I attempting the impossible, or have I neglected some necessary detail?

Thanks in advance!

Paul