Folks,

I am running a 3.3.4 version of Samba ( stand alone) on Solaris 10 configured to auth against LDAP for user auth and have recently, after migrating a variety of user desktops to Win7 and MS Office 2010, began seeing an increased latency in opening files. ie previous 3" times are now 30-45 "

Users were previously running WinXP and using MS office 2007.

Question: Is an upgrade to the latest stable 3.x Ver likely to resolve this OR am I also missing some more stringent security settings I need to address b/c of Win7 ?

Any ideas or clues appreciated.

-john

--
John Goubeaux