On 03/09/12 08:41, steve wrote:
Hi
I have a Samba4 AD running samba and a Samba3 machine joined to the domain as a file server. I have smbd and winbind running on the samba3 box.

Samba4: hh30.hh3.site
Samba3: hh32.hh3.site

I can browse the shares (netlogon and sysvol) on the S4 machine by typing \\hh30 into explorer but if I type \\hh32 I get:

Windows cannot find '\\hh32'. Check the spelling. . .etc.

When I start nmbd on the server I get:
The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship.

Here is the config on the S3 fie server:

[global]
    preferred master = Yes
    workgroup = ALTEA
    security = ADS
    winbind enum users = Yes
    winbind enum groups = Yes
    idmap config *:backend = ad
    idmap config *:range  = 2500-3000
    idmap config ALTEA:backend = ad
    idmap config ALTEA:range = 20000-40000000
    idmap config ALTEA:schema_mode = rfc2307
    winbind nss info = rfc2307
    winbind expand groups = 2
    winbind nested groups = yes
    winbind use default domain = Yes
    usershare allow guests = No
    realm = HH3.SITE
    winbind refresh tickets = yes

[profiles]
path = /home2/profiles
read only = No

[home]
path = /home2/home
read only = No

[staff]
path = /home2/staff
read only = No

Question:
How do I get the windows machines to look for the fileserver as well as the DC?
Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,

This, to me, seems to be a network resolution problem. I take it that hh32.hh3.site has a fixed ip and 'dig hh32.hh3.site' run on the nameserver gives the correct ip.

How do the clients get their ipaddresses? are they fixed or supplied by DHCP? what nameserver are they pointed at? does this nameserver know about hh32?

What does 'ipconfig /all' (run in a dos box on the client) give?

Rowland

believed to be clean.