This email appears to have been delayed somewhere in cyberspace
for 4 days. The problem was resolved with support of the many
helpful people on the lists.

Thanks,
John

> I am running SuSE V8.0, and Samba 2.2.7a on a small
> network server.
>
> I have been having problems relating to sorting out printing from an
> NT4 workstation to a laser printer on the Samba server.
>
> I had to reboot my Windoze PC and am logged in as myself (I have
> Administrator rights). I can see the shares by looking for the
> computer from Windows explorer using the ip 192.168.0.5 and can
> proceed to add the printer unsing the wizard, however it fails on
> trying to finish the process. I can see this PC in network
> neighborhood as "penguin" its name , but get an access denied.
>
> I did not have this access problem until I had to reboot the windows
> PC. I have the following entries in my lmhosts file: 192.168.0.1
> p111         #P111 office 192.168.0.2       loft         #Loft pc
> 192.168.0.5       penguin      #Linux pc 192.168.0.3        notebook
>  #notebook
>
> Notebook is not connected, Loft is another linux PC and is accessible
> without problem, P111 is the NT PC , and penguin is the problem.
>
> From the dos prompt on the P111 I can net view 192.168.0.5, but if I
> try to net view penguin I get System error 59 has occurred, an
> unexpected network error  occurred. From the linux PC penguin,
> smbclient -L lists all the shares on any of the PC's using ip or
> computer name.
>
> Any advice appreciated.
>
> John

This email has been pre-scanned using the latest Anti Virus
software for your peace of mind.

Please remember to maintain your own anti virus up to date with
the latest reference files.