Hi again,

let me update my previous e-mail with new things I've found.

There's a setting on the Windows DNS application that lets you choose how a
zone will be replicated (on the first tab). The 'default' setting is 'Replicate
to all dc's in active directory'.

If you choose any other setting (replicate to all dc in forest or to all DNS
servers) and do the whole process of joining the samba4 as a BDC then all the
DNS entries ARE replicated BUT then the samba-tool dns query's start to fail
with terrible python messages.

I really don't know if this setting has anything to do with anything but maybe
it'll help diagnose the problem.

Aleix.