Greetings,

something to add.

Had one of the Solaris 9 machines just stop working. I stopped samba and restarted it, found the following in smblog.smbd

[2012/10/22 11:37:00.299787,  0] libads/sasl.c:823(ads_sasl_spnego_bind)
  kinit succeeded but ads_sasl_spnego_krb5_bind failed: Invalid credentials

I removed the machine from Active Directory and immediately re-added it - I did NOT run kinit to get new credentials. started Samba and the machine works fine...for now.