Am Mittwoch, den 05.12.2012, 08:35 +0000 schrieb arun.sa...@wipro.com:
> Hello Team,
>
> I am unable to add/upload Windows 7 64 bit print driver from Windows 7 64 bit
> laptop. It is giving me following error.
>
> The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for
> your device. If the folder contains a driver,make sure it is designed to work
> with Windows for x64-based system.
>
> Is there any work around ?
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Arun Sasi Venmalassery
> Sr. Engineer - Server Management (UNIX),
> Wipro Ltd (Dubai) |Mob: +971 566489491 | E:
> arun.sa...@wipro.com<mailto:koresh.d...@wipro.com>

> message and any attachments.
>
> WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should
> check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company
> accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
> email.
>
> www.wipro.com

Hi,

the reason for this behaviour is probably in the printer drivers
inf-file. Current drivers must 'decorate' models-section-name entries
with a target platform extension.

If the inf-files's manufacturer section has no entry for windows
versions prior to XP (which is Version 5.1) it won't install on a Samba
server, which has a windows version 5.0.

You can try to manually tweak the inf-file. Try to google for "inf file
syntax". I can't offer a general solution, cause inf-files can be quite
complex. Maybe it works, if you replace every occurrence of
"NTamd64.6.0" with "NTamd64.5.0".

Good luck,

Frank Lascheit