Hi list,

I have tried with all my might to get a samba3 server (Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS) to
join a Windows 2003 domain as a member server, without any luck. I have
used,from memory, the official way of doing this (aka, from the samba.org
website). No matter what settings I use in smb.conf, the server always joins as
a domain controller. This doesn't seem to break the domain how ever. All I am
after is that my users do not need to enter a username/password for access from
a domain PC to shares on my Linux box.

Any pointers please or is this intended as the server does single sign?

Thanks!

Pieter
Sent from my iPad