On 12/14/2012 11:12 PM, James Pifer wrote:
I'm struggling with following symlinks with samba on the recent versions. I cannot use mount -bind as I've seen others suggest. This is for my mythtv backend, so I'm using the rename script to create nice names for the recordings.

Anyway, I can map the drive from Windows XP and Windows 7, and see symlinked files, but I cannot open or copy them as I used to be able to do.

My system is opensuse 12.2. My smb.conf looks like:

[global]
        unix extensions = no
        workgroup = WORKGROUP
        printing = cups