Can you use an LDAP Browser/Editor (e.g Apache Directory Studio) to manage the samba ldap server? Maybe see what attributes you can add/modify? I have used Apache Directory Studio to modify LDAP attributes with Microsoft AD on Win 2003/2008. I would guess the samba 4 ldap schema has to support many of the same attributes.

I have not played with samba 4 yet so just a guess.