On 03/26/2013 08:32 PM, Dustin C. Hatch wrote:

Can you post the full output of `samba-tool drs showrepl`?

I joined and removed my Samba server from Active Directory several times while testing, so I decided to start everything over from scratch. After I rebuilt Server 2008 and the Active Directory on Server1, I joined a Windows 7 machine named adwks11 to the domain.

Then I joined Server2 running Samba 4.0.4 as a DC. The A record and CNAME record weren't added, so added them following the HOW-TO. I also ran the ntdsutil commands that you provided earlier.

Here's the output for samba-tool drs and samba-tool dns:

samba-tool drs showrepl
   http://pastebin.com/UVczcQQJ

samba-tool dns query localhost ankeny.local @ ALL
   http://pastebin.com/4TH5py8Y

samba-tool dns query server1 ankeny.local @ ALL
   http://pastebin.com/VQHLwPb5

The record for server2 never shows up in it's own DNS. Later I joined another Windows 7 machine to the domain. It shows up in server1's DNS, but it never gets replicated to server2.

No, the client is only supposed to update the DC it authenticated
against. The replication should pass the information along.

Does the internal DNS use Kerberos authentication for replication? I'm using Centos 6, so I think I'm using the kinit from MIT Kerberos. Could that be causing problems?

Thanks,
Alan