Is this on all saves ?  Can you do a save as and create a new doc?

I had an issue with Office 2003 on Samba 3.0.x , Solaris 10 with ZFS file system. For the 1st 6 saves the MS app would modify the file. Every 7th (?) save MS would delete the file and write a new one. The probably would be that MS would try set file permissions- most apps would just let the OS handle the file permissions. Users had the appropriate permissions to create and delete files but not modify ACL's.

This had not been an issues with the older UFS file system. In terms of how samba and UFS played together, the unix file perms were the classic ugo / rwx. the ZFS acl's are closer to the Windows ACL's than UFS ACL's were.

I am guessing if Autocad is the only app affected then autocad is trying to write out some more complex file permissions. I haven't worked with samba 4. Can you adjust acl options in samba config?