I'd also like to ask if you have any insight or workarounds on this problem for which I've not received a reply:

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2013-June/173763.html

Dale

On 06/24/2013 6:25 AM, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
try adding the following.
in the fstab,   add, sec=ntlmv2
and try again.

Louis

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: d...@briannassaladdressing.com
[mailto:samba-boun...@lists.samba.org] Namens Dale Schroeder
Verzonden: vrijdag 21 juni 2013 22:14
Aan: Samba
Onderwerp: [Samba] cifs mounts fail after kernel upgrade

Upgrading Debian testing's linux-image from 3.2.46-1 to 3.9.6-1 causes
cifs mounts via fstab or command line to fail with return code -38
"function not implemented".  Reverting back to the old kernel yields
working cifs mounts.  The only option I use is a credentials file.
Attempting the mount without this option does not work either.  Has
anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
Dale

.