Am 25.07.2013 16:57, schrieb Achim Gottinger:
Hi,

Due to an not so well coded dns update script my /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb.d/DC=DOMAINDNSZONES,DC=DOMAIN,DC=LOCAL.ldb db consumes now ~500MB.
So i decided to delete all the Outdated records.
I prepared an list of all the DN's with Base DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=domain,DC=local and Attribute isDeleted=TRUE. There are about 80000 outdated entries whom i plan to delete. If I loop over each line in my list and run ldbdel -H DC=DOMAINDNSZONES,DC=DOMAIN,DC=LOCAL.ldb [DN] it takes about an second for each entry so it would take about 22h to delete them all. Is there a way i can speed things up?

Thanks in advance
achim~

Found an faster solution using ldbmodify so never mind.