You may also want to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include /usr/local/openldap/lib

On 07/30/13 02:31, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
On Thu, 2013-07-25 at 14:40 +0000, Gilles Pion wrote:
Samba version 4.0.7
Aix 6.1
Compiler: IBM xlc

Last lines of "./configure" output:
Checking for ldap_init : not found
Checking for ldap_init_fd : not found
Checking for ldap_initialize : not found
Checking for ldap_set_rebind_proc : not found
Checking for ldap_add_result_entry : ok
Checking whether ldap_set_rebind_proc takes 3 arguments : ok
Active Directory support not available: LDAP support ist not available.
<path>/wscript:760: error: Active Directory support not found.
Use --without-ads for building without Active Directory support.

Reason (verified)
the generated "test.c" file user in configure checks doesn't have the required
ldap include:
#include <ldap.h>

I've not found a "clean" way to patch configure to fix this

Anyone able to help?
Where is ldap.h on your system.  It may be enough to just specify
CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/openldap/include" ./configure

(if that is where ldap.h is).

If we have found ldap.h, it will be added to those tests.

Andrew Bartlett