Hi Andrew,

thanks for the quick answer. Apologies that some of my "guesswork" wasn't right.

From: "Andrew Bartlett" <abart...@samba.org>

smbd has NFSv4 ACLs

Great!

On Thu, 2013-09-26 at 14:55 +1000, Petros wrote:
I am happy to become a FreeBSD beta tester for any kind of FreeBSD ZFS
support. But I am afraid I am not good enough to code it myself. I am
a sysadmin who reads C code frequently, it does not make me a good
coder..

The issue is essentially that the python-based provision code need to
detect the use of zfs, load the zfsacl module in the generated smb.conf,
and instead of testing simple posix ACLs, proceed to setting a full NT
ACL when we create the sysvol share.

Okay.. python is one of the languages I did not learn so far. Well, I will see what I can do.

For the sake of clarification: In case

- I get the provisioning right,
- Have the zfsacl module in the generated smb.conf

I will have a working smbd?

Thanks again
Peter