On Fri, 2013-09-27 at 05:22 -0400, Thomas Harold wrote:
> Running Samba 4.0.9, we have added a pair of Samba4 domain controllers
> to an existing Win2003 domain.
>
> How do we determine whether RFC2037 attributes already exist in the
> domain?  And how would we go about adding them to an already existing
> domain?

To check whether a user has rfc2307 run:
getent passwd username

To check 100% he hasn't use ldbsearch and look for uidNumber, gidNumber
attributes.

To add them if they're not there:

e.g. use wbinfo to get the numbers:
wbinfo -i steve2
HH3\steve2:*:3000021:20513::/home/HH3/steve2:/bin/false

Now add:
uidNumber: 3000021
gidNumber: 20513
to steve2 in the directory.

An easy way to do that is with ldbedit. If you have a lot of users, use
a script and then add the attributes using ldbmodify.

You can add the whole of the rfc2307 user and group attributes using the
schema that comes with Samba4.
HTH
Steve