Hi,
    Try winexe ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/winexe/) (or PSexec for
that matter)
    One downside - this will install additional service winexesvc and
issue commands (between "") in plain text.
    If you specify -U DOMAIN/User%password (instead of default
LOCAL_SERVICE) this will also be plain-text visible from network

    kinit (for Kerberos ticket)
    winexe -k1 //NETBIOSNAME "shutdown -s -f"

    Works for me.