On 10/10/13 20:04, Jerome Yanga wrote:
Rowland,

Changing the security alone (regardless of removing the socket options or not...i tested both) resolved the first issue (connecting via hostname). However, the second issue is still there.

Just a refresher, here are the two issues issues.
01) Windows 2008 Standard servers cannot access the samba shares via the hostname. 02) The popup window "Error 0x80070021: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked the portion of the file" is encountered whenever a file is copied into the share.

regards,

    I shall try this and will let you know the outcome.

    regards,

    On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 7:46 AM, Rowland Penny
    <rowlandpe...@googlemail.com <mailto:rowlandpe...@googlemail.com>>
    wrote:

        Here are the info that you have requested.  I had to change
        the names a bit.  :)

        The two issues that I am having are as follows:
        01)  Windows 2008 Standard servers cannot access the samba
        shares via the hostname.
        02)  The popup window "Error 0x80070021:  The process cannot
        access the file because another process has locked the
        portion of the file" is encountered whenever a file is copied
        into the share.

        OS: RHEL 6.4 (32 bit)
        Samba version 4.0.0-55

        [global]
        workgroup = TEST
        realm = SAMPLE.COM <http://SAMPLE.COM>
        netbios aliases = SAMBA1, SAMBA2
        server string = Samba Server Version %v
        security = DOMAIN
        map to guest = Bad Uid
        username map = /etc/samba/user_map
        syslog = 2
        log file = /var/log/samba/samba.log
        max log size = 50000
        deadtime = 5
        max smbd processes = 300
        socket options = SO_RCVBUF=32767 SO_SNDBUF=32767 TCP_NODELAY
        IPTOS_LOWDELAY IPTOS_THROUGHPUT
        load printers = No
        printcap name = /dev/null
        disable spoolss = Yes
        show add printer wizard = No
        os level = 1
        local master = No
        browse list = No
        wins server = 10.1.1.1
        host msdfs = No
        idmap config * : backend = tdb
        printing = bsd
        cups options = raw
        print command = lpr -r -P'%p' %s
        lpq command = lpq -P'%p'
        lprm command = lprm -P'%p' %j
        oplocks = No
        level2 oplocks = No

        [nfs_share1]
                path = /net/server1/nfs_share1
                read only = No

        regards,

        On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 7:14 AM, Rowland Penny