Von: samba-boun...@lists.samba.org [mailto:samba-boun...@lists.samba.org] Im
Auftrag von Klaus Hartnegg
Gesendet: Freitag, 11. Oktober 2013 17:01
An: samba@lists.samba.org
Betreff: [Samba] using samba 4 as plugin replacement for samba 3

Hi,

when I don't want to switch to Active Directory, but don't want to be stuck
on version 3.6 either, can I simply give samba 4 a copy of the old smb.conf
file?

Will it be able to store all windows acl's in extended attributes, or is
this improvement only available in combination with letting it run as active
directory domain controller?

thanks,
Klaus