----- Original Message -----
From: "Rolf Offermanns" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Samba] Novell EDirectory as LDAP backend

[...]

> A simple test that should work is to export (ldif) a working
> sambaAccount  user(set up using consoleone), delete the entry and import
> it again, without changing anything.
>
> This should work, shouldn't it? But I get an object class violation,
> without any further detail. I also tried various tracing levels
> (ndstrace) but got no information about what is causing the problem.

Yes, that should work.
Please, check if you have the object "Account" in you Edir because when I
added this object to mime I stopped receiving the object class violation
error when using ldapadd.
This object is metioned in a documentation from Novell (the name of the file
is a020602.pf. Iīll send it to you in private). Probably this is not what is
causing the error because this document talks about authenticating system
users and you already got it working, but I donīt think itīs a wast of time
trying that.

I canīt install Edir here (at work) but Iīll install it at home and see what
I can get with your help.

Bruno Gimenes Pereti.