On Sun, 2003-03-16 at 01:37, Arva Clarke wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am having a really strange problem with my samba server I am currently
> running samba-2.2.1a-4 on a Redhat 7.2 box (dual PII processors, IDE raid
> promise, I GB RAM). Its being operating more or less smoothly for the last 6
> months. Suddenly users started to complain about corrupted files on shares.
> On examination of the files we noticed that smb log information was being
> written to the top of the files (the same stuff was written to
> log.machine_name in /var/log/samba Here is an example from an excel file
> that has be zapped

We have been chasing this one for a while, and I'm pretty sure we came
to some resolution since 2.2.6 or 2.2.7.  You should upgrade to 2.2.8
for the security fixes anyway, and see if the problem persists.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  [EMAIL PROTECTED]