Hi,

I recently upgraded to Samba 2.2.8 running on Solaris 8.  Since doing so, I have
noticed that I get a message telling me my password will expire in x days, and
if I want to change it now.  I never had this message show up before.

In looking through the archives, I saw that password aging is supposed to go
into Samba 3.x but hasn't made it into the 2.2.x branch.  So why am I getting
these messages now?  How can I manage it?  I would like to be able to do the
equivelent of checking the box that makes it so that the passwords will never
expire, then let Novell force the user to change their password.  The user would
then synch (change both) when they change their novell password.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Arnold Andrews
MCAD/Unix Systems Administrator