Matt Dainty wrote on Samba-Digest

I'm trying to get Samba to offer the Adobe driver automatically for the
two printers I have set up with CUPS.

I have all of the necessary files plucked out of the Adobe Postscript
Windows driver package, but I'm hitting the problem when I come to run
"cupsaddsmb -v ..." that the "rpcclient adddrivers" command always fails
with NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL.

Which version of CUPS/cupsaddsmb are you running?

Have you seen the docu on

http://www.linuxprinting.org/kpfeifle/SambaPrintHOWTO/

about this?

The drivers are being copied to the [print$]
directories correctly, just the driver registration fails.

Before looking at the level 100 Samba log, let's first see the "-v" cupsaddsmb output on stderr....

Cheers,
Kurt