At 17:13 18/06/2003 +0100, you wrote:
Hello!
As it happens I am having some real nightmares with this too.

Using NETGEAR ND520 NAS devices [Yes! I know - rod for own back...]
But the fact it is a Linux device sold me ahead of a W2K Appliance

[snip]

If those S-O-D figures are real ( I mean, W2K is not making them up ), you'd rather use ReiserFS for your Linux Samba server -- it would save you *tons* of disk

Sure, I'll be obseleting these NAS soon but my plan was to build a custom
Linux Samba server to handle the task.  Now I'm not so sure....

Why ?

-DG

IT Manager
ISV