Darrell Blake írta:

I'm trying to set up a cups printer but I don't know much about printing in linux and am a bit confused. I've installed a printer in cups using the web interface and it works fine. All the tutorials I've read though refer to /var/spool/lpd/lp but on my system this doesn't exist. I'm guessing this is because I'm not using lpd, I'm using cups. There are a few files in /var/spool/cups but they're c00001 to c00005. Can someone shed some light on my problem? My [printer] section on smb.conf currently looks like this...

[printer]
       browseable = yes
       path = /var/spool/lpd/lp
       read only = yes
       printable = yes
       guest ok = yes

Please help,

Darrell

For the begining you should check, that your samba is built with cups suport, or not, if yes, all you have to do is to specify printing=cups, under global, the rest is optional

Good Luck

Geza Gemes