Fabio Muzzi liste at kurgan.org

Wed Jun 25 18:10:33 GMT 2003

I'd like to set up my samba 2.2.8a server to serve printer drivers to clients when needed. I have set up the print$ share, in which I still have no drivers. Tried adding drivers from a win2000 workstation by using "server properties" command, I can't add anything since all buttons are greyed out. The user I am using is in the printer admin group in smb.conf. I can provide snippets of the config files if needed.

Is there some docs I can read about my specific issue,

http://www.linuxprinting.org/kpfeifle/SambaPrintHOWTO/

or generally
about printing with samba 2.2.8 and cups?

most of above 3.0 doc applies to Samba 2.2.x too.