Brian C Otto wrote:

Hmm. you're doing a 'net ads join -U administrator' ?

Actually, I do ...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]#kinit -V [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Password for [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
Authenticated to Kerberos v5

then

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# net ads join -U Administrator
Administrator password:
[2003/08/28 15:05:07, 0] libads/ldap.c:ads_join_realm(1305)
 Host account for dctest-01 already exists - deleting old account
Joined 'DCTEST-01' to realm 'REALM.CORP'

If I don't use a capital "A" in administrator, Kerberos will not authenticate.

check to make sure that the /lib/security/pam_winbind.so  is
up-to-the-samba-rpm date.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# rpm -qf /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
samba-common-3.0.0rc1-1lnx2
   Which I believe is correct.

I didn't use the rpm's  ( I needed ACL support, so had to use SuSE, and compile
it myself) so most of my problems were due to the versions of kerberos I tried
to use, and whether or not it had LDAP support built in.

I have build my own rpms from the src.rpm, seeing that I need a few changes of my own ... but I use rpms, because I have a better idea of the same binaries between systems.

Mailed
Lee