At 12:47 10/09/2003 +0200, you wrote:
We have recently upgraded to RC2 from beta2, and we found this behaviour: while the "File Server" functions work perfectly well ( as always ), we have lost the ability to join machines to the domain, which get rejected with "username not found" message. Using LDAP backend.

It seems it was beta1 it worked with:
We managed to downgrade to beta1 ( by overwriting smbd and nmbd with the binaries from a machine with beta1-1, since we can't find the binaries for beta1 in the mirrors ).

Beta1 worked joining the machines to the domain at first try.

Is there any additional info i can provide so that this issue can be tracked down?

Thanks in advance....again!

Regards, J.L.