Hi all.

I upgraded one of my servers to Samba 3.0.0 over the weekend, using the source. Since doing so, I have had a huge number of errors logged on that system that are all related to usage of the smbmont command. Running smbmount (or mount.smbfs) gives the following error:

mount.smbfs: error in loading shared libraries: /usr/local/samba/lib/charset/CP850.so: undefined symbol: smb_register_charset

Any ideas here? I build Samba using the same options I used to build Samba 2.2.8a, which does not produce the error:

./configure --with-smbmount --with-pam --with-pam_smbpass --with-quotas --with-winbind --with-utmp

Any thoughts are appreciated! Note that the server in question is running a Linux 2.2.x kernel, if that has any bearing on the issue. It is an old Redhat 6.0 box that I have kept up to date manually from tarballs, since Redhat stopped producing errata for Redhat 6.x.

Thanks!
 --
Jim Morris    ([EMAIL PROTECTED])