On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 21:41, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi Jochen et al,
>
> that worked fine, though if I get it right everyone can now read the
> active directory structure (?)

No, you still need to authenticate, but nothing stops an attacker from
'stealing' the TCP/IP connection, if they control the network.

> Connecting to the samba machine results still in errors, but that may be
> something stupid on my behalf too...
>
> thanks for helping
>       ~christoph
>

>  connect_to_domain_password_server: unable to setup the NETLOGON
> credentials to machine ADC1. Error was : NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL.

You will need to turn up the debug level - it will probably be something
simple...

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  [EMAIL PROTECTED]