I am also having the same problem with having to authenticate every time I access a share on the NT side. I am using RH 9 and have my settings pretty much the same, everything is authenticating from the NT to linux side, however going the other way I have to manually authenticate. Any help would be great. Thx

Should have add this to my previous email

security = domain

       workgroup = DOMAIN
      os level = 2
       time server = Yes
       unix extensions = Yes
       encrypt passwords = Yes
       map to guest = Bad User
       log level = 1
       syslog = 0
       printing = CUPS
       printcap name = CUPS
       socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
;       wins support = No
       wins server = 10.12.1.16
       veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/*.{*}/

I'm using
SUSE linux 2.4.19-4GB
samba-client-2.2.5-226
pam_smb-1.1.6-371

My goal is to configure a Linux desktop into a windows domain environment.
So far I have managed to configure pam_smb to authenticate users to the
PDC.
So thats good.

Now the problem is when user tries to browse a share.
At the moment the users has to retype in their domain/userid password
every time they access a share, is there way to minimise this?

With Windows you only need to authenticate once to the domain, at logon
time. How do I simulate this with Linux ?

BTW: I configured the Linux desktop to be a domain member.

Thanks