I recently upgraded from Samba 2.2.5 to 3.0.0. I have been experiencing two odd problems. First I can no longer print to a printer attached to a Win-98 machine. I can connect to shares on that machine and it can connect to shares on the Samba machine.

Second, and this may be a clue, when I view the Samba machine on the Win-98 network neighborhood it shows the machine's comment as 'Samba 2.2.5'.

Samba is running on Suse linux 8.0. I had previously upgraded to 2.2.5 Samba and did the upgrade to 3.0.0 from source with the exec_prefix=/usr option on make install. I have checked the samba files in /usr/bin and /usr/local/samba/bin and they are all the correct version. Testparm also shows the correct 3.0.0 version.

Thanks for any help.

Mike D